Potential Nominees for Administrator RightsEdit
Just to give an update, I have asked for admin rights to this D.Gray Man wiki since User:Bon3z the sole admin doesn't seem to be active anymore since May 2009, but I have been asked to 'ask the community' on who to become admins. So likely to be a system of nomination/election process. I have tentatively put up my proposed nominees to stand for election (to the posts of admin-ship) below, TAKE NOTE this is NOT voting them for admin-ship, just proposing their names for other folks to vote. Obviously the person cannot nominate or vote for himself. I hope to get 5 names, and from there have a open election by all registered contributors for 3 new admins. It doesn't matter if I do not become the admin since all I wish is to see this wiki get back in shape, there seems to be more and more spam coming into this wiki recently.
Tentative deadline: 2 weeks from today 1 Sep, i.e. by end 14 Sep, the 5 names should be drawn up for voting.
Proposed ELECTION DAY for voting for admins: 18 Sep 2009
proposer:Gin-san, seconder:none, in no particular order:
- To all registered contributors, add your proposed names (minimum 3 names) in this format to my page here:
Proposer's Name [[User:proposername]]Edit
My proposed nominees for admin-rights are as follows:
- only registered contributors votes will be counted
Final call for nominationsEdit
Final call for nominations, D-day: end of 14 Sep 2009. If no other nominations, after 14 Sep, the following names may proceed to request for admin-ship at this link --> w:Wikia:Adoption_requests#D.Gray_Man_wiki_.28On_hold.29, can use my user-page as proof of my support for you guys to be promoted to admins :D. Any wiki site should have min. 2 admins.
- Nominees proposed by User:Gin-san to become D.GrayMan wiki admin:
If I see no activity at the Adoption Site in 1 week's time, i.e. 21 Sep, I will drop the 3 users a note to confirm their interest to take up admin. If nobody wants it, then I shall seek Wikia Staff advice on where to go from there, but I see no problem, many users seem to want admin-ship XD ~~Gin-san (Talk) 09:50, September 12, 2009 (UTC)
Ted User:Akadirgun Edit
My proposed nominees for admin-rights are as follows:
I think the first two of above three would be good for adminship. I can see that they have both been working hard here. And the third one is also a regular member.
Nomination Closed, ResultsEdit
Nomination for new Wiki Site Admins is now officially ended, judging from the response there is no point in launching a vote. Suggest the nominees head straight to Request to Adopt this DGM wiki.
- Summary of Nomination Results:
- Plan A ~ Since we have consensus on 2 users, User:Hlp922 and User:Shock Dragoon, will these 2 kindly follow up on this link here for the adoption request. Please do NOT start a new thread over there. Feel free to use my user page as evidence of voting support for your promotion to become site admins.
- Plan B ~ If by 21 SEP 2009 there is no action from these 2 users User:Hlp922 and User:Shock Dragoon, suggest the next 2 users with 1 vote each, User:Staarburst & User:Yugioht42 to follow up with their adoption request, if no action from these 2 users as well, then I will check with Wikia Staff where to proceed from there, d-day for User:Staarburst & User:Yugioht42's action (only in the event of non-action by the 1st 2 users User:Hlp922 and User:Shock Dragoon, there should be min. 2 admins for every site ideally speaking) is 28 SEP 2009. If User:Staarburst & User:Yugioht42 feel that they would like to be admin nonetheless, they are free to append their request at the same adoption site or ask for promotion after the new admins come onboard.
- Thanks to all those who have supported this exercise. We look forward to hearing from our new admins soon. ~~Gin-san (Talk) 09:41, September 15, 2009 (UTC)
Sorry...I haven't been able to get involved with the voting because I've been busy with school. Has there been any action taken by the 2 nominated members and if not can I nominate myself for an admin position? ItachiZero 16:34, September 25, 2009 (UTC)ItachiZero
- hi, please read the here link above and the post 'pending Wikia Staff response' below this post before you do anything, :) ~~Gin-san (Talk) 19:12, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
pending Wikia Staff responseEdit
- So, did it work? Shock Dragoon 10:13 Sept-23-09
- LOL, I think you can see from the adoption thread, still waiting for Staff response, let's wait for a few more days, if by end of Saturday 26 Sep there is no response, perhaps you and User:Hlp922 can drop Catherine a note on her talk page at the same Wikia Central site to ask for an update, and whether anything is still holding up the approval process that you guys or I need to take action on. In the meantime, why not do some housekeeping, create some templates, for say episode synopses, etc, instead of waiting around not doing anything? There are still many character pages missing, e.g. Bak Chan, Fou, Daisya Barry. Or you can start a forum thread asking for ideas on how to move this wiki forward, e.g on main page design, scope that this wiki will cover, colour scheme (a dark theme? or a whitish/silver theme to match Crown Clown)
- Remember, Patience is a Virtue. :D ~~Gin-san (Talk) 16:10, September 23, 2009 (UTC)
i recently joined the wiki and would like to help out cleaning up the articles and making them more presentable without just butchering what people have already put up there. Just wondering if there's any space for an extra admin to help out? i've not been here for long but have worked on the Bleach Wiki for a while now and i believe i could be of use. Wolfwood (Shoot) 16:00, June 16, 2010 (UTC)